Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Ok, I think this is like the third time in the last week that I've tried to get up my blog updated. Sorry for not updating sooner.

Christmas was filled with the Albrecht Family and extended Yoder family. We are having our family Christmas up at mom and dads tonight. So excited! Matt's mom got a new wii for Christmas so our time was spent playing lots of games and oohing and awwing over tyler.  Tyler got to meet his Great Grandpa & Grandma Yoder for the first time this last sunday in MN.  It was so good to see aunts and uncles we haven't seen in a while too.

Ok, so I read this book last week called "heaven is for real". I would strongly recommend reading it. It's about a little boy who gets really really sick and goes to heaven while the doctor is operating on him. he never really died though.  It's a true story. The boys dad is a Wesleyan Pastor in Nebraska.  I'll share one part with you but that is it cause it just really is a good book.  The one day the little boy(Colton) come into the living room and says to his mom, "I have two sisters". His mom just kinda keeps doing what she's doing and says no you have one sister Cassie. He's says no and says yeah I have two sisters, one died in your tummy. (Needless to say I about lost it at this point) His mom then freezes and looks at him and says how do you know that? He responds by saying "when I was in heaven this little girl came up to me and started hugging and hugging me. She said that she was my sister and that she died in your tummy" His mom was stunned. She asked him what her name was and he said she didn't have a name. That they never had named her. He also said that she had dark hair. Unlike himself and his sister Cassie. They had blond. The dark hair she had gotten from her mom. The very last thing he said about it was that She said she could wait for them to get to heaven so she could meet them.  Ok, so I break down every time I even thing of it really. I can't wait to get to heaven! Not just cause I know it's going to be amazing but because I get to meet the little we lost last year!

So life in general now. We are all doing well. The work adjustment is going a little better. I still ask matt every other week for another day off but he continues to say we just can't do it right now. Which is fine but I told him that won't stop me from asking. I know somewhere down the road he will say ok and I will be beaming! :) Tyler is growing by leaps and bounds! He's turning into a real chunk and starting to look more and more like his cousin John. He's so happy in the morning but has been getting really fussy at night. He likes to really fight his sleep so we are trying to come up with ways to fix it. For now we are just adjusting and getting use to the crabby nights. One smile though and it makes up for the cries at night.  My "little man" has truly stolen my heart and I'm so thankful for him!

Please keep Matt in your prayers. He found out that he was born with misshaped hips. The one side has really started to give him pain. He's been to two different doctors and has gotten a couple xrays, but there really isn't anything they can do.  One of the doctors even said that if he wouldn't have known that it was Matt's he would have thought it was a 65 year old's.  Needless to say he will probably need a hip replacement by the time he's 50. :( The other doctor said that basketball would be the one thing that would cause it the most pain.  Matt doesn't say much about it but I know that hearing that is kinda like a dagger to the heart. That is his one passion and has been so looking forward to playing with his son someday and too hear that has to be hard.  Just pray for the pain to subside and maybe for God to just take care of it completely.

Please continue to pray for my dad too. He's still in some pain but at least not what it was like the first day he got home. He goes in Thursday again to see how thing have progressed and see if the skin graft is taking hold. Also pray that the cancer stays away.

Enough of the sad stuff. I am so thankful for my family and great friends! God has truly blessed my life with the people that are around me! Now for some cute pictures. :)

I'm starting to think Tyler is all Albrecht! :) You'll see why.

Not so much mommy
How can you not love this little guy.

See all Daddy! Except the nose maybe. So in love with both of them!






2 comments:

  1. ah amber! love the post!!! thanks for making me cry! haha! i wanna read that book. i thought if you liked it and read the whole thing, i would too! (dawn is probably laughing at us!) loved the pics of tyler too! so so so so cute! love you amber! hope to see you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ash I miss you! Matt hasn't been feeling the best so I've been putting off getting together. Hopefully this next week we can work something out. Ash that book is great! Dawn said that if we would like it she probably won't. I'll still try to convince her. :) love you girly! Just cause I haven't talk to you in awhile doesn't mean I haven't been thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete