Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Thankful!

I'm sitting at work this morning and I look out the huge windows and see the snow falling! It is absolutely gorgeous! Except for the Perkins building next door. ;)

I woke up this morning around 6 with Tyler tossing and turning, wasn't in the best of moods and wasn't feeling great. I had to get Tyler up, change his diaper and feed him. Then handed him over to his dad so I could shower.  Sometimes is feels like such a chore. I feel bad saying that. As I walk out of the bathroom, I see my wonderful husband sitting with our son in front of him on a pillow making him smile from ear to ear! Immediately my mood is changed. I love seeing Matt with Tyler. Thank you Lord for such a great husband that loves our son so much! This time of the year is so hard for me. Especially now with Tyler. Matt is gone a lot with basketball. When he gets home though he is such a great help and I'm so thankful for that. I know that there are dads out there that when they get home they expect to be waited on too. So thankful he's not one of them. Not to mention he does most of the cooking!  :) 

I'm so excited for the 16th! Matt and I have yet to get out just the two of us since Tyler has been born. I know, that's horrible. It's been 3 months!! Matt has bought us tickets to go see Jeff Dunham at the Dec in Duluth.  Jeff is a ventriloquist. We've seen him on TV and have really enjoyed him.  He's not like a lot of comedians out there these days that are just raunchy and swearing up a storm. The show isn't that late either, which is nice. We aren't really night owls anymore. Most of all just excited to be by ourselves without interruptions.  Very excited about dinner at Olive Garden too! Wish we had one closer! 


Anyway, should probably get back to work. :(  Sorry no pictures this time. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you and Matt get to get away for a night, how nice! You guys will have a nice time being by yourselves and eating w/o interruption...when's the last time that happened?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. coool!! Jeff Dunnhaaammm is great!!! u guys watching the game over at the Albrechts this weekend??

    Chad :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber!!!!!! I just stumbled upon your blog when I looked at a comment on Ashley's blog and saw you had a picture by your name! I'm sooo excited to be able to see some more pictures and keep up with you a bit more. I just read through all of your posts. You are a true inspiration and I admire and miss you so much. It was absolutely wonderful to see you and meet Tyler over Christmas. You are such an incredible mom!

    Big hugs to you and Tyler (and Matt too but he may find that a bit weird)!

    ~Em~

    ReplyDelete