Friday, January 14, 2011

Grandpa Petty

    I just wanted to blog really quick and ask for prayers for Matt's family.  We found out yesterday that Matt's Grandpa has lung cancer and another type of cancer in his stomach. The doctors have given him a month.  He's a young 90 years old. The doctor has also taken him off all of his meds and has said that the chances of him having a heart attach take him are greater than the cancer taking him. Needless to say it's been a rough couple of days for the Albrecht's.

On the positive side, Grandpa is so ready to be with his wife who passed away about three years ago. The other night he said that his wish came true. I know kinda sad, but I guess I can kinda see where he's coming from.  I think sometimes he should probably keep that to himself for the sake of the family but he just says what he feels and that is OK.

Just pray that he isn't in pain. It will just make it harder on the family too.  Just pray that the Lord takes him in his sleep. Also pray that we are able to find a nursing home for him to stay at in Hayward. If we can't find a nursing home I know that Matt's mom will feel like she needs to be there all day everyday and that won't be good for her either.

I'm so thankful that Tyler got to meet his Great Grandpa! And they are so cute when they are together.  Grandpa just kind of sits there and just holds him and Tyler is so content just sitting there too. I just love seeing that. We will really miss him, but we know he will be much happier where he's going. Thank you for the prayers!

This was on Christmas Eve this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment