Good Morning! It's Tuesday morning which means I'm getting some time to myself this morning and I'm thoroughly enjoying it! I'm sitting here with a strawberry banana smoothie and it's delicious! Next comes the wonderful cup of hazelnut coffee! So, some updates. I'll explain the title of the blog in a bit. :)
Tyler just had his 15 month check up this past Thursday. I still can't believe that he's that big already and I know that I'm probably never going to stop saying that! Doctor said that he's doing really great! But the one thing that he said was that Tyler seemed to be way ahead with the talking thing. Which as a mother is exciting to hear! He sure has started talking a lot and I guess I've just started to notice it within the last couple of days. For example some of the words are... mommy, daddy, hi, bye, ball, juice, bottle, plug(pacifier), fishy, butterfly, nana, papa, and a few more. Of course some of these words are variations that we are probably the only ones that really now what he is saying but they are definitely words! So we are making more of an effort to make Tyler use his words instead of the normal screaming and yelling until we figure out what it is that he wants. In all Tyler is doing so well! So thankful for a healthy growing boy!
On to the reason for my title. I just want to toot my own horn for a sec. I have made dinner for the last five nights in a row that we have been home! Now these aren't consecutive nights because of game nights and such but every night that we are home as a family! Not a box, no frozen meals, not even crock pot dinners! From SCRATCH! Now let me tell you for a full time working mom with a one year old and a daddy who doesn't get home till 6:30 every night this is an accomplishment to brag about a little bit. :) I have loved every minute of it though! Yeah it is difficult but the moment I sit down at the table with my two boys and we hold hands and pray it makes all the work totally worth while! On a side note these are not four course meals by any means! Just a main dish and some veggies most of the time. I have never been one of those women that loves or even likes to cook, but I'm really starting to get into it! Ok Ok, I'm done tooting my horn! Thanks for letting me though. ;)
So hear are some more pictures! Matt's mom and dad had given me some photos! Some of them are from a while ago but so cute I think! I love seeing photos of Tyler's little excursions during the day! Like I've said before I'm so thankful to have family around to be able to take care of Tyler! They way I see it, who better to raise my son when I can't be there!! Love my in laws! I just realized that I uploaded like 30! :)
 |
| This was from last night. I just thought his face was so funny! |
 |
| Ty and Daddy watching some Toy Story! |
 |
| This was from fishing opener last year! Can't wait for this year! Tyler is going to have a blast! |
 |
| Having a little ice cream treat with Grandma! |
 |
| Going for a ride with Grandpa! |
 |
| Matt wore this shirt when he was little! |
 |
| This is Matt. Do you think Tyler looks like him? See Tyler's picture below this one! |
 |
| Maybe a little! :) |
 |
| Another outing on the golf course! |
 |
| At the Park! |
 |
| Loves his auntie Kari! |
 |
| These were from his birthday. Can you tell? |
 |
| Tyler, Grandma, Auntie kari & I all went to Cranberry Fest this past year! It was a fun day! |
 |
| After being in his stroller for most of the day we let him run around before heading home! |
 |
| This was Easter Sunday! |
 |
| Another from fishing opener! |
 |
| Grandma and Tyler checking to see of the deer camera was working. :) |
Have a great day everyone!
Amber
Like father, like son! Amazing resemblance in some of those photos!! :) Your little guy is just so adorable!! Thanks for the updates as always and yes, you are allowed to "toot your own horn" as often as you like. As moms, what some may think are little accomplishments and not as "big of a deal" are big ones to us so by all means...share away!
ReplyDeleteLovin the updates!!! and The tooting of ones horn! Good to see and hear things that I don't usually. Just so you know.....the little guy does look like his Daddy but....he got a rounder head from the Yoder's (or possibly) Stutzman's. Love it no matter the shape! Mom
ReplyDeletewow so impressed and yes making a meal after a long hard day is a "toot the horn" moment!! you are a great mommy and wife!! love you!!
ReplyDeletewow! awesome amber!!! toot toot!! :) i am super impressed!!! and so happy to hear that ty is doing so awesome, even though i already knew that! :) hope to see you guys soon!!!
ReplyDeleteSeeing all these pictures and reading your update made my night!
ReplyDeleteAnd you should definitely give yourself a huge pat on the back for all the cooking! I am not currently working, and I don't have a child, and I still don't manage to make something from scratch every night. It's a lot of work! But I totally agree - it is worth it in the end. And by the way, I would love your chicken chilli recipe, or a link to a recipe, at some point if you get a chance. It was delicious!
Hope you are having a good day too!
~Em~
Great post!! :) I love all the pictures! And very proud of you for making all the meals! I dont have children and that is hard for me to do every night and I LOVE TO COOK! I love reading your blog! Thanks for updating!
ReplyDeletep.s. We all love you too! We couldnt have gotten any luckier, your are a wonderful mom, wife, sister-in-law & daughter-in-law!!