I can not say enough how excited I am for Christmas and time with family! As I get older it's become more about spending time with them than all the gifts and presents. Although, I can't wait to see faces when people are opening their gifts! This year the Albrecht's are getting together on Friday night. Then all day Saturday will be spent with the Yoder's. Christmas morning is our new family tradition with just our little family going through stockings and having a yummy Christmas morning breakfast!
My hope is that Tyler grows to know the real meaning of Christmas! I admit the whole Santa thing is a little bit of a touchy subject in our household. I was not raised to believe in Santa but Matt was. So we've left it as we will let Tyler decide. Matt and I both know that the Birth of Jesus is more important. At my parents house there is a little window manger scene my mom has up. It's the same one I played with when I was little. Ty will walk over, point to the baby Jesus in a manger and attempt to say "baby Jesus". I'm sure to any stranger walking in they would have no clue what he's saying but it melts my heart and gives me a hope that someday he will be to teaching his children the same thing.
So on that note, Thank you mom and dad for raising me and my son to believe in the real meaning of Christmas. That its not about all the gifts, presents, stockings, trees, and lights. It's about Christ our Lord being born!
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! ENJOY TIME SPENT WITH FAMILY! Love you all!
Awesome Amber! Love you guys!! And have a great Christmas! Also... I have Ty's present I will hopefully get to you soon!!! :)
ReplyDeleteLove you too! It is amazing how our prospective changes as we age. We are so thankful for you and your family. Mom
ReplyDelete