Wow, it's been awhile. oops. :) Well, not much has really been going on this summer. Matt and I are both working this summer. Matt is building furniture and as always I'm at the real estate office. Tyler is now with family all week long. Matt's mom has retire and they have tyler two days a week and my mom has him two days a week. I still have my one day off too. Still keep hoping for one more day though. Not sure when that will happen.
I keep thinking about how much life has changed in the last year. Tyler has changed me. For the better. I think becoming a parent can be one of the most unselfish things you could do. I love every minute of it. Even when he is screaming and crying because he's had a total of 1/2 hr nap all day. At the end of the day Daddy and I walk into his room. Daddy sits on the rocker and I hold Tyler so he can get comfortable. It's funny cause Tyler totally knows the routine. He sees the bottle sitting on the end table. He reaches for daddy knowing what's coming next. For a moment he lays in his daddy's arms waiting. I'm not going to say patiently because it's almost like he's hyperventilating until it gets to his mouth. I then kiss both my boys and walk out of the room and close the door. Yet, my day is not done. After a long day at work and baby to bed there are still bottles to wash, kitchen to clean, laundry to do, floors to sweep, toys to pick up, and on and on. I can honestly say though, that I love it all. I love being a mom and a wife. I know I don't always do everything with a good attitude, but I know that I wouldn't want things any other way. Yeah, I'd love to be home more but that's ok too. God's got a plan for out little family. I'm so excited for the future but love living in the moment right now.
Ok, so i blogged a while back about not having something for just me. Well, I think I've finally figured out what I'm going to do. I've always had intentions of getting into this workout routine, but I've never followed through with it. I know I would feel so much better. I would have more energy, I would feel good about myself, which lets face it that is hard to do after having a baby. I've always just hopped in the elliptical thinking I can do this. But...I end up killing myself and don't get on again. Then I feel horrible about myself again thinking I've failed once again. So I'm starting slow. When we had Macey, our dog, she had her own little room in the basement. Well, I'm turning that room into my work out room. I'm getting a big TV in there, weights, a yogo mat, medicine ball, a step, and more maybe. :) I've got a great friend who does personal training and she's given me a ton of videos to start with. So three or four days a week when Matt gets home that is where I will be. In my basement having some me time. I told Matt that I get at least an hour to myself. No Tyler, no phone calls, no coming down, nothing. Just me and my workout. And you know what, I'm so excited about it! Kinda sad I know and I'm sure some of you are thinking we'll see how long this lasts. But I'm going to prove all of you wrong. My goal is to be able to run a 6 minute mile without stopping. I know that should be easy, but you just don't know how out of shape I am. So we'll see. Maybe before the first snow fall I'll be there. We are headed to Walmart and Rice Lake tomorrow in search of my work out room. Just hoping I get some good deals!
Tyler....
oh that boy of mine! He is sooooo much fun! Love seeing his little personality. He challenges himself everyday. He's so close to walking. He was crawling in the kitchen the other day and grabbed onto the island chair pulled him self up, let go, stood by himself for about 5 seconds and tried to take a step. He fell on his butt but just the fact that he did that was so crazy. And let me tell you how tough he is! He climbed up on the fireplace mantle yesterday and was in a crawling position. He turned and tried to sit and fell off the mantle backwards and his head hit the floor but nope no crying. Now don't worry I wouldn't have let him do it if i knew it was going to hurt him. The mantle is really low to the ground and the carpet is very plush carpet. Not even a bump was to be found. I think sometimes you need to let kids learn on their own.
So tyler and night time is going way better. No more screaming and if he does its only for a few minutes then he's out. He is a big mommy's boy though. I have to admit I'm soaking it all up. :) I know that it won't last long so I'm trying to enjoy it as much as I can. There are times when he's fussying and I can't get anything done and for a couple minutes I'm frustrated, but then I think amber just go play with him. Before I know it he won't want to play with me anymore. He's going to be doing way cooler things with his dad like being outside, fishing, hunting, basketball, and so much more I'm sure. His dad is going to be his Hero. Which I'm so excited to see them become best friends. But, for now I love being the one he comes to when he's tired, hungry, or just plain happy. I just hope his daddy doesn't mind for now. :)
Well, that is enough for now. Here are two of my new favorite pictures. It's totally him!
To end it, I must say HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! I love you. Without you there would be no me and if there were no me there would be no Tyler! You have taught me so much and I pray that I will be as great of a mom as you have been to me. Love you so much!


No comments:
Post a Comment